The Critics Say
Cecil is available for Workshops, Clinics, Master Classes and Lectures
for more information.
- Learning how to listen and what to listen for as a performer in various
settings and as a composer/arranger.
- The Large and Small Ensemble + Vocalist:
- Concentration on the elements that make for a successful and compelling performance.
Understanding the role of each individual as it effects the overall sound and concept of
melody, harmony, rhythm, improvisation and ensemble playing. How to listen and what to
listen for from the standpoint of the overall ensemble sound, the "soloist" and
- An insightful look at the innovative exponents of this music on every instrument and the
various elements of improvisation including chords, scales and compositional development
to help the musician find his/her own voice.
- Composition and Arranging:
- A look at the elements of composition and arranging for small and large ensembles that
will allow you to accomplish your goals.
- The Brass Master Class:
- The history of the instrument and its innovative exponents. A class designed to help the
musician develop the techniques necessary to perform in the jazz idiom.
- The Rehearsal:
- How to get the most out of the ensemble, large or small and how to best utilize the